Friday, August 5, 2011

28 Going On 28

Universe, say it ain't so! Am I really turning, gasp, 28 tomorrow? Have I actually reached my late twenties? It's okay. I'm feeling good about this one. My twenties have treated me quite well so far, besides the occasional "what am I doing with my life???" crisis. I've set a wealth of goals for myself over the last few years, and I can happily say I've conquered many of my major missions.

But I'd like to refrain from discussing my goals today, as I have quite a few more before I turn the dreaded 3-0 (I don't think it's particularly healthy to set goals by age, but hey, it works for me!) I want to talk about what I DO NOT want to accomplish before I turn 30. Here's my list.

Marry - We have our whole lives to get married, settle down, build a life, start a family. Why rush? I have zero desire to plan a wedding at this stage in my life. If I had to plan a wedding right now, it would be the simplest, most laid-back wedding in history. Then again, it will probably match this description no matter when I plan it. This desire to not marry in no way reflects my feelings towards Hudson. If he asked, I'd jump up and down and comply, under the condition we maintain our engaged status for a ridiculously long time.

Breed - I know my biological clock is ticking, blahblahblah, but I'm not ready to shoot out a being who will depend on me for the next few decades. I'm still figuring out me. Let's not bring another me into the equation just yet.


Buy Property - Seriously, who am I kidding? Graduate to California Homeowner? Hilarious. The only places I could afford are places where I would never, ever want to live. Plus, I'm not trying to grow residential roots just yet.

And I guess that's about it. Those are the biggies. If you ever hear me claiming to have baby or diamond rang fever, please slap me in the face. Twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment