Saturday, March 5, 2011

Trees & Tutus

I'm escaping L.A. in just a few hours to meet the wonderful island of St. Thomas (yes, I am bragging). But I could not depart without posting about the other two wonderful events I covered this week.

TreePeople needs volunteers! Once my foot heals, I will be one of them! They're coordinating a massive effort to replant severely burned sections of the Angeles National Forest. Remember those wildfires in 2009 that could not be contained? Well, they massacred thousands of acres of gorgeous conifers, hence the above noted effort. Checkout the article here.

Buzz around Black Swan continues to hum, and MOCA Pacific Design Center just unveiled "Rodarte: States of Matter." The two sisters who run Rodarte, Kate and Laura Mullheavy, designed the black and white tutus worn in the film. The exhibit not only displays those costumes but showcases garments from three of their runway collections. The installation is insane - an absolute must-see. It's on the top of my list once I return. Read more here.

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment