Saturday, April 9, 2011

Shoe Awareness & Mindful Manners

My two most recent LAist posts are very different and provided much insight on two awareness topics - shoes and etiquette.

I did a quick 10+ minute phone interview with Blake Mycoskie, Founder and Chief Shoe Giver of TOMS Shoes - very laid back and brilliant fella. While I was unable to participate in One Day Without Shoes last Tuesday, April 5, due to my still healing broken foot (I'm not taking any chances, people), I still feel very close to the cause. Checkout my coverage here.

On Thursday I participated in the Hammer Museum's Greeting Committee, an interactive experiment teaching guests lessons in etiquette. I can now give the perfect handshake. Come see me, I'll show you. If interested, you still have today & tomorrow to experience this project. Read my article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment