Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'm Judging You

Remember when the human race fell victim to a harsh deity judgment and some of us went along with Sir Divine and others with Sergeant Hell? Oh right, that never happened. These hyped up rapture events always seem silly to me, but when OnlineRock asked me to cover Saint Motel's Judgment Day event at The Roxy on May 21, I couldn't resist. Reverend Childs, the "boss" behind Project Caravan, preached the momentous occasion until bewilderment set-in as the clock struck midnight. I wish his reaction would have been more dramatic, but it was amusing watching him sweat. 

While the event failed to impress me due to press overhype, the music absolutely did. I missed Queen Caveat due to sluggish service at Hugo's, but The Hundred Days, Vanaprasta and the headliner - Saint Motel - killed it. My companion, Nita, and I snapped as many photos as possible. The show offered exceptional practice shooting action in low light. Check out some of my photos here. And give my OnlineRock article a read here if you're interested in finding out what went down on that not-so-fateful night in May.

So when is the next Judgment Day? I've seen October 21, 2011, and of course the well-known December 21, 2012. We either have 5 months or 19 months. Hopefully more events like this will ring-in the rapture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment