Monday, May 23, 2011

New CSA Location On Abbot Kinney

first CSA California bag & meal, August 2010

We did it! No, I'm not referring to surviving "Judgment Day." Gaby, friend and writing partner, and I organized a CSA pickup location at The G2 Gallery on Abbot Kinney Boulevard in conjunction with CSA California! After months of developing and coordinating this project, it has finally grown to be an actual event! Well, almost. Now we just need at least 40 participants in order to "activate" our location. With the help of G2's newsletter plus Gaby and I's social media persistence, I think we'll have our group secured in no time. And if that does not suffice, we'll hop right into the Venice community, possibly with fliers in hand. Who doesn't want to enjoy fresh, local, seasonal fruits and vegetables at a great price? Anyone who does not, please bring them to me so I can explain the numerous benefits of enjoying such treats and supporting local farmers.

A quick lesson in CSAs in case you're unfamiliar. CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. It gives people the chance to buy seasonal produce directly from a farmer. Local Harvest offers helpful information on this topic here.

If you're interested in joining our pickup location, you may sign up here. If you're not a Venetian but care about our cause, please help spread the word! Next time I see you, I'll buy you a locally grown veggie or fruit of your choice. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment