Monday, May 2, 2011

Recent Reviews

Coachella rocked on so many levels--mind-blowing musical performances, the chance to see as many bands as you could handle in three days, interesting artwork erected throughout the venue, booze, friends, strangers--I felt like a kid again. But instead of running around in the grass playing games, I danced around in the grass enjoying some of my favorite bands, allowing the magic of live music to soak my soul. I've never felt better, more alive, happier to be alive, finally LIVING. It's hard to explain, and soon I may possibly try to explain it in a personal essay. Music affects. It's addicting. And it feeds something inside of you that begs for fulfillment and enrichment. I cannot wait for Coachella 2012. I will be there, but perhaps I'll shell out the extra hundreds of dollars for a hotel room instead of braving desert camping. Though that was an essential part of my amazing experience this past April. We'll see how free-spirited I remain at 28.

Another Coachella bonus was the opportunity to write reviews for three of my favorite bands to be posted on OnlineRock's blog. And they're up! Checkout my reviews for !!!, Delta Spirit, Arcade Fire and Mumford & Sons.

In other review news, last week I attended ST Residential's opening of their Marina del Rey Gallery Lofts. You can read my LAist review of the event here.

No comments:

Post a Comment