Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Laptop Talk

We've all see it in movies. The happy (or unhappy) couple lies next to one another in bed, both reading books, enjoying the other's presence and warmth (or not). Last night Hudson and I were happily doing the same, only instead of books, we were busy clicking and clacking on our laptops. We'd been doing so for a good hour before I even noticed the scene. I looked up from my dancing fingers at the two of us and giggled. Such a funny world in which we now live. We're so attached to our devices. Sure, there are books next to our bed. But why would I pick one up when I have my sexy MacBook Pro feeding me Gmail, Facebook, Twitter and the countless other sites and distractions that devour embarrassingly large portions of my days? Why would I bother flipping paper pages when I can simply click icons? Why would I embrace traditional learning and relaxation? I really should. And I will. Just as soon as I finish this blog, check my email, Facebook and Twitter and watch Kick-Ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment