Saturday, January 15, 2011

Une Chanson Magnifique

Today is magnificent. It is so for two reasons - it's my first day as a solely self-employed writer plus the first day, thanks to my dear friend, Feaver, I discovered Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros. This band. Is amazing. Included in a weekly dose of enjoyable tunes from Feaver is their track "Home." Full of folk and love and life and optimism and whistling and horns. Nostalgia flooded my thoughts. I've had no choice but to listen to it on repeat all day. Finding a new band that you instantly love, that makes you sit up and say, "Holy shit! This is brilliant!" is a blessing. If my left foot wasn't broken, I would've been up and dancing in seconds. The female responsible for the comforting, alto voice in the duet is Jade Castrinos. I adore her. Move over, Karen O. I have a new lady crush. (Just kidding, Karen, you'll always be my number one.) But seriously, if you have yet to experience this band, do it. Drop everything and do it. You deserve it. During those 5 minutes and 3 seconds, all of my and the world's problems disappeared. Daydreams of running barefoot through a grassy field consumed me, remembering how I adored dancing among damp, sweet-smelling sheets on my mother's clothesline in the backyard. It all came rushing back, warming my heart, calming my spirit. Music is powerful and beautiful. And so are good people.


No comments:

Post a Comment