Monday, February 28, 2011

Your Oscars Buzz: Best Picture Cocktail Pairings

With thoughts of the Oscars swimming around in my head last Wednesday night, I had an idea. Why not pair a cocktail with each movie nominated for Best Picture? Planning to attend a friend's Oscar party, it seemed like the perfect guide for hosts. The next morning I pulled all four of my trusty cocktail books from my bookshelf, dusted them off and started flipping through the pages of libations and mocktails. Shortly thereafter I had my first list of pairings and pitched the article to my LAist editors. They loved the idea, and by Friday afternoon the piece was ready for publishing. You may indulge here.

I must admit, I indulged a bit too much during Sunday's party, mostly because I was joined by a fun group of fellow celebrities (I may have been wearing my bridesmaids dress from my brother's wedding last June and pretending to be Cameron Diaz) and partly due to my recent research.

Though I didn't catch every speech from last night's show, I witnessed my darling Natalie win a well-deserved Academy Award. I slept soundly.

One question still remains: Where was James Franco for most of the night? I assume he was backstage taking bong rips, but seriously, Hathaway carried the duo. All the more proof that women are superior.

No comments:

Post a Comment